Meeting Day & Time: 4th Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. – Birmingham City Hall – 3rd Floor, Conference Rooms D&E
The Education component makes recommendations for appointments to the Library Board, Citizen Participation Election Contest Committee, Jefferson County Department of Human Resources Board, Educational Building Authority, Birmingham Youth Advisory Commission, Homeless Advisory Committee and the Boards and Agencies Training Committee.
To learn more about this committee VIEW THIS VIDEO.
- Valerie Abbott, Councilor, District 3 (Committee Chair)
- Jay Roberson, Council President Pro Tempore, District 7
- Kim Rafferty, Councilor, District 2
SUB BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Birmingham Trade Mart Authority
- Commercial Development Authority
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Five Points West Commercial Development Project
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Highway 280 Distribution Facility
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Southern Research
- Downtown Redevelopment Authority
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Birmingham
- Job Training Consortium Executive Committee
- Jobs Training Committee
- Loan Administration Board Economic Development Administration Title IX Revolving Loan Fund
- Minority Business Advisory Committee
- Overall Economic Development Program Committee
AGENDAS – VIEW ALL
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
MINUTES – VIEW ALL
Minutes are available once approved by the Committee.