Meeting Day &Time: 2nd Monday each month at 4:00 p.m. – Birmingham City Hall – 3rd Floor, Conference Rooms D&E
The Economic Development and Commerce Committee makes recommendations to the Council for appointments to various Boards including: Industrial Development Board, Birmingham Trade Mart Authority, Revolving Loan Administration, Downtown Redevelopment Authority and the Birmingham Construction Industry Authority. This committee requests for information come before the Economic Development and Commerce Committee and should be addressed to the Chairperson. Items are recommended by the Committee and then placed on the Council agenda for approval.
To learn more about this committee VIEW THIS VIDEO.
- Marcus Lundy, Councilor, District 9 (Committee Chair)
- Johnathan Austin, Council President, District 5
- Lashunda Scales, District 1
SUB BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Birmingham Trade Mart Authority
- Commercial Development Authority
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Five Points West Commercial Development Project
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Highway 280 Distribution Facility
- Cooperative District of the City of Birmingham – Southern Research
- Downtown Redevelopment Authority
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Birmingham
- Job Training Consortium Executive Committee
- Jobs Training Committee
- Loan Administration Board Economic Development Administration Title IX Revolving Loan Fund
- Minority Business Advisory Committee
- Overall Economic Development Program Committee
AGENDAS – VIEW ALL
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are available once approved by the Committee.